Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

0 Likes

Love the new Sharepoint Files Input tool. Significant improvement over previous options! 

A suggestion that could improve the impact of the tool:

File Download Only

Current state: The tool performs two actions simultaneously: 1) downloading the file (csv/xlsx/yxdb) AND 2) reads the file into the data stream. When processing the supported file types, this is very convenient! However, the beauty of Alteryx is being able to read in raw data from almost any file type (pdf/zip/doc/xml/txt/json/etc) and process the data myself. Being limited to only officially sanctioned file types greatly diminishes the impact of the tool. 

Suggestion: Allow the user to 1) specify a filepath, 2) download the selected file(s) to that destination, and 3) optionally use a dynamic input tool to process the file. 

0 Likes

Don't know if someone else already flagged this... however if you click on a tool link in the result window, while the workflow is running, the window doesn't go back to the "main view" until the workflow stops.

It's fine if the workflow takes a few minutes to run, but if you are trying to debug a heavy workflow and you click by mistake on a tool link halfway through... it's a bit annoying that you can't see the output messages until the end

0 Likes

i would like to have a tool to verify whether the columns are exist or not.

if all exist then pass

else return error and indicate the filename and column missing in error message.

it happen when we using server. the user come back with the missing variable.

but do not know what file are missing that columns.

Pang_Hee_Choy_0-1648448994672.png

so if possible, we may have error message like, column "Status" not exist in "Data.xlsx|||Sheet1".

Suggestion Config:  similar to rename tool, but express is error message

Pang_Hee_Choy_1-1648450357193.png

0 Likes

So this is a minor thing, but could we get an option to name log files output to something aside from 'Alteryx_Log_TUVXXYZ_1'? It would be really useful to have the name of the workflow appended onto the log instead of having to sift through them manually or clear the destination folder every time I want to check one specific workflow. I know there's probably ways around this, but having something in the interface would be an elegant solution if possible.

Thanks! Love y'alls software to death!

0 Likes

Allow the Macro input tool to answer a question for other interface tools. Example if I want to open and run a container I cannot automate this. It can only be done with a human interface tool. Interface tools are not able to be updated dynamically. This issue hinders full automation with Alteryx server. Yes there are workarounds which lead to a big Ol Mess and creating errors leads to missed true errors. This option would remove many issues with automation.

0 Likes

There have been requests for "parts of this request" - but not all in one task.  Would like to have a "Deploy", "Cleanse", "Align", or "Scrub" tool. 

When added to a workflow it would remove all fields that were developer remnants from changing source objects, joins, etc.  Any field that is no longer is the source objects feeding it - would be deleted.

-Ken

0 Likes

Please add undo or the option delete an added field when adding a file that has fixed width columns. If I select one position wrong, I have to start from scratch. This is not ideal. 

0 Likes

Either as part of the Alteryx Easter Eggs (found in  Help>About) or as part of the canvas,  we should have an ability to enter the Konami code and see magic on the screen.  The workflow moves, Space bends, something creative.

Cheers,

Mark

0 Likes

Let's be honest here, almost no one add new tools from the right click menu. And few people use the Recommended tab. However, if those two are combined so the recommended tools will appear with a right click and then just one  click away to add the tool, it'd improve by a lot the user experience and make development faster.  

0 Likes

It would be great if there was a feature to disable/enable the ability for artisans from accidently publishing to the Company's "default" gallery location in a highly restrictive environment without having to hack the javascript file (production.js).

0 Likes

I recently downloaded version 2021.2. I noticed in the results when filtering that there is now a "data cleanse" feature in addition to the "filter" and "sort" features.  The data cleanse filtering feature should be an optional addition.  This feature is not necessary within the results to perform a quick filter on the results.  Adding this feature decreases functionality and efficiency as the user now has to pass over this option to get to the "filter" and "sort" features.  If anything, this option should be put below the filter and sort features.  Please consider making this feature within the results section optional or put the feature below the more important features of filtering and sorting.  

0 Likes

I am working with client to modernize the way to provide data to core systems - in this case, Prophet.  

The data volume is huge, and the logic is complex, also some files are in legacy format, so AMP engine not able to deliver a satisfactory result.  

Appreciate if the team can work on AMP engine enhancement to help handling Flat files, or other tools so to make the workflow truly automated.  This will definitely help to justify the investment on server to clients with similar need.  

0 Likes

If I paste or insert a tool in a connection, tools to the left will sometimes vertically move a few pixels. I have to realign them and it is a nuisance. Please move only the tools to the right and only horizontally.

0 Likes

On Canvas settings, in the screenshot below, the entire context is visible, but still have a scroll bar. It should automatically adjust:

mastersumeet_0-1645445476489.png

0 Likes

The double click to insert is great. I believe one cool addition to that would be if I have multiple tools selected on the canvas and double click on tool to add it, it could add to all the tools that were selected. 

0 Likes

I got so used to double click the tool on the tool pallet to insert it on the canvas that whenever I search for a tool, I keep double clicking it in the search results and, of course, nothing happens. 

0 Likes

Currently it is possible to save the expression in the formula tool. However, the field size and type are not stored with that saved expression, that would be some nice change. Maybe could be a checkbox to include that.

0 Likes

I often work with files from vendor software packages where the input/output files are actually delimited text files, but where the filetype is a vendor defined filetype (Branding!), rather than .csv or .txt.  I would like to be able to whitelist these file extensions as data files so that they can be dragged into workflows.  I'm able to import them using "All Types" and then manually defining the import specifications, but it would be nice if I could define this on a file type basis rather than on a per file basis.

0 Likes

I am a newbie in Alteryx - has anyone ever built an etl workflow using python? I know how to read and run the jupyter notebook through import script in alteryx menu but not sure how to run my code as multiple steps of workflow. Any ideas?
0 Likes

Hi Team,

Could there be an enhancement made on the Dynamic Input tool to configure based on name.

This idea came up as I wanted to use an excel file and combine all the sheets. Currently, the tool imports data based on position, if there could be an option to import the data to configure the import based on name, that would be helpful.

Top Liked Authors