The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make INTERFACE tools use ANNOTATION like all other tools

For example I have an ERROR MESSAGE tool that is rather verbose.  I chose to modify the annotation as:  ZIP Code Check.  I presumed that the result would simply be "ZIP Code Check", but Alteryx added that to the beginning of the annotation rather than replacing the whole annotation.  I reported this as a bug, but was told that this was designed to operate in this manner.  It was suggested that I bring this out as a "New Idea" to the community for review.  If you agree that the tools should operate in a similar fashion for annotation (or other actions) across the pallet, please STAR this.  Otherwise, I'm happy to hear your feedback.

Thanks,

Mark

Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

4 Comments
Bob_Blackey
11 - Bolide

Likewise - When you annotate an Action tool (for example: Update Input Data Tool) it appends your annotation with the original annotation.  

If there is a reason for this I'd be curious to hear it - otherwise I expect tools to behave the same - whatever annotation I enter should be it.

Cheers,

Bob

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for your post! 

This feature should be available in an upcoming release, and we'll update this idea again once it's publicly available for download!

Samanthaj_hughes
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Whoop, its coming soon MARK! 🙂

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for reporting this to us! This issue has been fixed as of the 2020.1 release, available today at http://downloads.alteryx.com/