The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Input Tool - Data connections options - Favorites Area

I use a lot of the same input files for the processes I do. It would be a huge time-saver if you could include option/area in Input tool where user, after bringing up the Data connections window, could have a "Favorites" section on the Recent page that would show at the top & allow the user to select specific files to show there.

Another maybe easier option could also be that when a file is selected, it gets moved back to the top of the Recent list. Currently, no matter how many times a file is used, it will move down the listing on Recent regardless if you just opened it or not, so even though I'm using the file on a daily basis, it will disappear as soon as I open 8 other files.

Thanks!

3 Comments
jgomel
7 - Meteor

Might be worth creating a "Pinned Connections" area under the recent connections where the user can decide which ones they want to keep.

jgomel_1-1576081799327.png

MJ
8 - Asteroid

Enhancing the "Saved" connections to allow for more than just database connections would be great.

Or creating a whole new category for Save Files.  I'm not picky 🙂

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes