The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

73 Comments
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

#TeamVertical and #TeamHorizontal aside, I actually think dark mode users would capture a large amount of users. 
Its generally nicer on the eyes, and when you're working in front of a screen most of the week, its nice to have that as a consideration/option. I'm fully +1 this idea.

@KylieF is this something that can possibly be raised again? This has been one of the most popular idea posts since its creation. 

tboin
5 - Atom

Just a question : we are asking for a black mode and the new version is all light mode 😕 Give us the choice please guys ! We spend so much hours in this cool software.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

This would still be an absolute game-changer for Alteryx.

Shifty_0-1652257430776.gif

Is this the most liked post in Community history?  I haven't seen >100 likes for anything else.  If I'm missing out on some other high liked posts then please direct me!

lwarner013
5 - Atom

Dark Mode needs to become a priority for Alteryx. It really is the only tool I use on a daily basis that doesn't have the option.

TurboToad
10 - Fireball

Please dark mode. The latest version is even brighter.

smoosh
8 - Asteroid

agreed with dark mode. Just downloaded 2022.1 and it's even worse than before. I'm tempted to revert back to a prior version to save my retinas. 

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@smoosh - Agree.  Somehow the whites were whiter in 2022.1!

Shifty_0-1653573047744.jpeg

#dazdoorstepchallenge

MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Some related news-- @IraWatt developed a Chrome extension for dark mode for the community and gallery pages! 😎

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alter-Nation/Dark-Mode-for-Alteryx-Community-amp-Gallery-Join-the-D...

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Designer in the cloud should fix this issue. In the mean time we have Chrome extension for dark mode for the community and gallery https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alter-Nation/Dark-Mode-for-Alteryx-Community-amp-Gallery-Join-the-D... !

sraynal
7 - Meteor

This is a screenshot of v2022.1 : 

sraynal_0-1654616210741.png

Against 2021.1

sraynal_1-1654616303583.png

I'm not sure why anyone would prefer that whiter UI... 

2021.1 was too white already.

Please allow dark mode !