The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Dark Mode

Please add a toggle for Dark Mode as Alteryx, after all these years of using it, is burning out my retinas. 

The OS and most apps have a Dark Mode theme so flipping back to a bright white canvas is very jarring.  I tried to adjust the canvas colors in a more muted way but never can get it to work satisfactorily and still be as easy to read as the retina burning default.  

73 Comments
smoosh
8 - Asteroid

I had to switch back to 2021.3  I just couldn't stand looking at the new version. Text seemed smaller / blurrier as well, though that could just be my bad eyesight. 

So at this point, we are all asking about a feature that they said wasn't going to be implemented, while they are turning the product into something even harder to look at. I guess it's time to start looking for alternatives. I can't stand the idea of spending multiple hours everyday while be blinded. 

It's been a fun 8 year run Alteryx...

erikq
5 - Atom

@smoosh I am fully with you on that point. I had to downgrade to 2021.4 because my eyes couldn't handle the new design. It is way too bright, and the font type is horrendous. 

I am working with Alteryx on a daily basis but if this design choice is permanent, then I am sticking with 2021.4 where design-wise I was only missing the dark mode support.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

Hey vampires,

I've recently updated my canvas settings to combat the brightness and I'm very pleased with the results so far.  I've always used a battleship grey canvas because any darker, the contrast is lost but that was until I realised you could change the colours of lines etc.

Here's an example workflow with my canvas settings:

Shifty_0-1659615806633.png

If you want to copy, here are the settings:

Shifty_1-1659615816357.png

In other news, PLEASE BRING US DARK MODE

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Nice one @Shifty 😎 good grey background

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Under Review

Currently investigating options for Dark Mode in Designer outside of just the canvas. Please continue to provide feedback/comments if you have them!

Cheers,

NJ

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great to hear @NicoleJ 😄

DanielG
12 - Quasar

More options is always a good thing.  😀

jayj1000
7 - Meteor

Dark mode is essential.  Please create this feature.

ntnkhanh24
6 - Meteoroid

Dark mode is very much needed for weak/dry eyes like me. I can't understand why this feature is not available for an awesome tool like Alteryx.

zacharygaffney
6 - Meteoroid

YESSS PLEASEEE