The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Which zoom level am I on?

On the canvas, underneath the Run button, there are zoom out and zoom in buttons. It would be lovely if between them existed a number box indicating the current zoom level of the canvas. This would operate much like my web browser, which typically shows 100% unless I have zoomed in or out. Bonus points if the button is clickable to reset to the default zoom level.

5 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @seven, we appreciate your idea and feedback! We strive to improve our product and ensure our users are being heard - that's how we make the product better.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Upon reading this, I've just discovered that you can right click to get to the normal zoom level:

Joe_Lipski_0-1622812524037.png

And from the hot-keys it looks like ctrl + (1-5) control zoom levels, although I use ZoomIt which has control of these hotkeys!

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/shortcuts-alteryx-designer

seven
12 - Quasar

@Joe_LipskiNot sure how your comment follows the idea.

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Sorry @seven, i think read and went off down my own path, missing that the main ask was for the zoom % level to be displayed!

Thanks for helping me learn something new anyway! And I've just noticed now that the last item in the screenshot is actually a container, so can right click the canvas and zoom to one of your containers 🙂

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes