Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Comment tool shortcut

I usually use the comment tool by:

- dragging it on to the canvas and then

- Repositioning and expanding it to cover the tools I'd like to comment on.

What if I could select the tools I wanted to comment on and then use a key combination or double click so that the comment tool surrounds these tools for me. 

Note: Additional enhancement would be to anchor the comment to the tools selected but I see that this was dropped for consideration: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Ideas/Anchoring-comment-boxes-to-tools/idi...

2 Comments
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I like this idea, it follows a similar approach to how you can quickly put a group of tools instead a tool container.

given companies have different style guides and preferences for comment boxes or tool containers for documenting workflows, having a similar approach will make this easier to adopt.

Erin
9 - Comet

I would love a keyboard shortcut to add a comment box. I have the tool in my favorites, but a keyboard shortcut would be so much faster!