The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Canvas Templates

In an enterprise environment, or a reasonably sized BI team - you want a degree of consistency on how workflows look and feel.   This increases maintainability; portability; and also increases the safety (because like well structured source-code - it's easier to read, so it's easier to peer-review)

Looking at all the samples provided by Alteryx, they all have a similar template, which makes them very easy to use.

Could we add the capability for larger BI teams to create a default canvas template (or a set of templates) which enforce the company / team's style-guide; layout; and required look-and-feel?   

Thank you

Sean

3 Comments
Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This isn't the solution to your ask and I'm sure you've seen this before @SeanAdams, but in case others stumble across this post, then the tips and guides by @BenMoss is this blog post are world class and so easy to do

https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2019/02/14/documentation-best-practices-with-alteryx/

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

🙂 I saw this one @Joe_Lipski - Ben's done a great job with that  - I particularly like the way that they replaced the "getting started" screen with their template, which goes a long way in the right direction.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes