Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Toggle individual expressions on/off in the formula tool

Toggle individual expressions on/off in the formula tool.   

On more than a few occasions I have a number of expressions in a single formula tool and find myself wanting to turn off a few or many, but not all. 

It'd be great if there was a checkbox to activate/inactivate : on/off : include/exclude : select/deselect (whatever language you like for the concept) an individual expression.

Simple as a text box.  with maybe a 'select/deselect  ALL box available incase you want to turn most off then only select a single one? 

7 Comments
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I like this one @Watermark!

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

Thanks Emil.  Sometimes hard for these ideas to get much traction. 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes, please!!!! I`m tired of commenting expressions to temporarily disable them. 

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@fmvizcaino  Exactly!

Watermark
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@atcodedog05   give a boost?

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

We love this idea! Bringing into the backlog for now - stay tuned for updates in the future about when you may see this feature implemented! 😁

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Stay tuned - this idea is in the works!