Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Support connections without Userid/PW (SSO) when using "Use in Workflow" button

Clicking the ‘Use in Workflow’ button in connect downloads a workflow file with the Table which I can open in Alteryx Designer.

When I open in Alteryx it asks for Userid/PW but there is no option for SSO (single sign on):

If I leave the username and password blank then the connection fails and I get an error.

In the case of SSO the connection string should be:

SSO:  odbc:Driver={HDBODBC};SERVERNODE=saphXXX.europe.company.com:30415;Trusted_connection=yes;

instead of this: 

UseridPW:  odbc:Driver={HDBODBC};SERVERNODE=saphXXX.europe.company.com:30415;UID=USERNAME;PWD=__EncPwd1__

Please note ALL of our users use SSO so current functionality is useless to us.

I have raised this as a bug with support but as usual they ask me to post here.

This option should also ask if the connection is In-DB connection also per this post:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Connect-Ideas/Have-In-Db-input-as-an-option-when-selecting-...

7 Comments
VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

OndrejC
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

hi @cbridge ,

this idea has been implemented and you can test it on your environment, it's in Beta program right now:

https://betaprogram.alteryx.com/project/home.html?cap=3bf92142c327436da99ab73edfa627ff

looking forward for you feedback,

Ondrej

virendevi
5 - Atom

Hello,

Is this functionality rolled out already. I still seem to get option to enter ID and Pwd when connecting via HANA ODBC connection.

Thank you.

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @virendevi ,

I would like to follow up on this.
In SAP HANA loader there is oprion in interface tool to use windows authentication.

To successfully use it, we expect that you load metadata via windows authentication too.

PetrH_0-1623312211868.png

To this checkbox value there is sticked logic in loader which is moddifying connect string for use button.

PetrH_2-1623312611348.png

PetrH_1-1623312272443.png

You might see it delivered in H2 database stage table called DB_SCHEMAS. Its in last column called ODBC_PARAMS.

SELECT catalog_environment, schema_name, odbc_params FROM STD_XFORMS.DB_SCHEMAS where catalog_engine='saphanadb'

if you see there username and pwd params, you propably run the loader not with windows authentication, thats why you are promted for password.

However the formula in loader might be tuned to cover your usecase.

this is example while you are promted for password,

PetrH_3-1623312797205.png

and if you see Trusted connection you should not be promted.

Does it help?

Let me know if you need more details or help.

Petr

JoshWhitener
5 - Atom

What was the feature that was implemented, referred to in https://betaprogram.alteryx.com/project/home.html?cap=3bf92142c327436da99ab73edfa627ff by OndrejC?

The page is no longer accessible.

PetrH
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @JoshWhitener , @OndrejC was sharing some beta build with community, now its baked in production, and the needed changes might be done in standart released set of loaders.