Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Better fitting of community menu

Hi all,

I love the (somewhat) new look of the community.  It's much more helpful to find what you're looking for through search and the menu buttons on the left.  One small enhancement I would request is a better fitting of the menu icons along the left side of the page.  It might be my smaller screen size (Lenova Yoga 920) but not all of the menu items fit to my screen.  So I have to use the mouse wheel to scroll to see all of the buttons (the Alteryx Resources button!).  And the situation gets worse when you hover over the menu to scroll as it adds a box displaying the URL of the page (see screenshot below), which further hides the Alteryx Resources menu item (I actually didn't even realize it existed for a few months).  Also, once I do scroll to the bottom to see the Alteryx Resources menu, the submenu suffers from the same cutoff problem as well (second screenshot attached).

If this is an easy fix, it would be much appreciated!

Menu button for Alteryx Resources hiddenMenu button for Alteryx Resources hiddenSubmenu for Alteryx Resources hiddenSubmenu for Alteryx Resources hidden

Thanks,

John Miller

5 Comments
JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

Great feedback @john_miller9. I'm putting this in a "Comments Requested" status to see if others will chime in and give their thoughts. I will say that we are working on thinking through some slight changes to our structure, and by proxy, navigation, so this is great feedback to have as we continue thinking through potential enhancements.

john_miller9
11 - Bolide

Thanks for following up @JeffS!

I'm not sure if there have been updates to the community site, or if it was a driver update on my end, but I'm no longer experiencing the issue.  The menu bar is now scaling appropriately for me.

Community Site.png

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Fixed

Good to hear @john_miller9 ! We've been making a lot of enhancements since the start of the year so I'm glad the issue is solved.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: New Idea

TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented