Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Automatic Reminder to "Mark as Solution"

As someone on the hunt for badges, I am doing my best to offer solutions as I know many of you are.  Nothing breaks my heart more than delivering a solution and not getting that "Marked as Solution" tag. 

Looking down the list of Discussions in Designer / Server etc. there are countless solutions that aren't marked as such.  Perhaps it would be helpful to automate a follow up email to the Discussion starter a few days after the final post just reminding them to Mark a Solution if their question has been solved.

Shifty

PS/ not sure where I should've put this Idea because it doesn't relate to an Alteryx product.  There didn't seem to be a category for Community Ideas as far as I could see.

22 Comments
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@atcodedog05, True. I think in the last half of the year I grow more than in the last 2 years and it is mostly because of this community. 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Agreed @Emil_Kos people come out with amazing new things and amazing ways to do things. Its just fascinating 😎

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Shifty ,

In full-disclosure, I've got the ability to [Accept as Solution] on behalf of users.  Community moderators will SNATCH that away from me if I were to accept my own solutions.....

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

oh for sure @MarqueeCrew, any idea of accepting your own was a joke in this thread I'm sure. 

It does raise a point that even if an ACE answers, it still requires another ACE to accept as a solution, and we have pages of week old questions on the community that have been solved with no marked solution. I guess its not a major issue and as @atcodedog05/@Emil_Kos  state, theres more to answering questions than getting marked as a solution, but it can help people who are searching for the same/similar issues!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Shifty 
I will definitely welcome such feature.

A solution marked as accepted is not just giving credit to the provider and more important that it can help other people know it is accepted solution while they try to search anwser for a similar issue.

As well discussed, and obsolutely agree with @Emil_Kos I learned so much myself while trying to help others.

This 

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@Qiu @Emil_Kos - I completely agree.

The solution mark is really beneficial when you're searching for a specific use case on the community (just as I was yesterday).  I also think it helps drive support and attention towards the queries that haven't yet been solved, instead of helpful people like yourselves going into queries and discovering they've likely been solved 2 or 3 times but just not been marked.

I'm glad this feature makes sense to you both - I'm sitting here with 4 solutions 😂 - your experience adds weight and credibility to the request. 

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hey all, good news! There is a place for you to suggest ideas for the Community, in the Community Hub:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Community-Ideas/idb-p/community-ideas

We love hearing from you, so please keep the ideas flowing : )

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@Shifty I think there is some automated reminder in place, I received the below for a topic I started in the inspire message board. Obviously doesn't ensure the user actually goes and does it though.

Luke_C_0-1621870975485.png

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@Luke_C - I did too but it’s the first one I’ve received. Maybe my suggestion was already being addressed!

LeahK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented

Love how excited everyone is about earning those solutions!

In reading through all the comments, I was concerned that something was broken, but then realized that as folks providing solutions and helping others by answering the questions, you haven't had too many chances to see the experience from the other side.  As @Luke_C so kindly pointed out, we have an automated reminder message in place to encourage original authors to come back and mark a solution 😎