Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Automatic Reminder to "Mark as Solution"

As someone on the hunt for badges, I am doing my best to offer solutions as I know many of you are.  Nothing breaks my heart more than delivering a solution and not getting that "Marked as Solution" tag. 

Looking down the list of Discussions in Designer / Server etc. there are countless solutions that aren't marked as such.  Perhaps it would be helpful to automate a follow up email to the Discussion starter a few days after the final post just reminding them to Mark a Solution if their question has been solved.

Shifty

PS/ not sure where I should've put this Idea because it doesn't relate to an Alteryx product.  There didn't seem to be a category for Community Ideas as far as I could see.

22 Comments
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey, great idea @Shifty 

I like it, I've tried to have a look at past questions that aren't marked as a solution yet, but most of them have solutions assigned, so sometimes i only check the first page of questions. This would be a great idea!

Also, about the place to put the idea, i've actually just made another idea here:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Additional-additional-Ideas-sections-to-alig...

As i share the same confusion as to where to put ideas about the community!

Cheers,
TheOC

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Seconded!

I think the ACEs have the ability to mark solutions, but an automated reminder would be good.

M.

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@atcodedog05 @Qiu @Emil_Kos @mceleavey @apathetichell @TheOC @afv2688 @MarqueeCrew  - I feel like you guys would benefit most from this feature! 😁

Shifty
12 - Quasar

@mceleavey  

INTERESTING! I did not know ACEs could do that. The Alteryx equivalent of a school prefect. 😂

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Shifty I'll let you know when I am one 😉

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@TheOC, I will ping you to mark my post as an answer 😛 

Hi @Shifty The truth is this is a cool feature but at the same time, I know that the community isn't only about the number of the solutions but this might be a good idea.  

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Emil_Kos asking me to abuse my power before I even have it 😯 Who's team are you on?? 😂

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TheOC,

No abusing just a favour for a friend 😛 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

@TheOC  and @Emil_Kos this sounds like a interesting conversation😂😂

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Part of me feels getting to explore and learn new things is a reward by itself 😁