The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Featured Ideas

0 Likes

Right now, you can highlight 1 output tool, right click, convert to input tool.  Im doing that to each of 30 outputs in 1 workflow as part of splitting a workflow that has too much spatial processing. Would be cool to highlight all of the outputs and convert all at once to save the clicker finger.  Keep it rocking Alteryx!

0 Likes

Hi 

In all its simplicity, I would like to be able to group by Month based of dates:

Hamder83_0-1668170619078.png

To acieve something like this:

Hamder83_1-1668170691432.png

0 Likes

Variations of this concept have been discussed in community since 2016.  Alteryx is awesome right up to the point where we need to see our files in ArcGis Pro or ArcGis Online.  The shapefile is painful.  We have to rename every field in ArcGis Pro with over about 10 characters because all of the field names are truncated.  Yes- you can make a shapefile and a text file from Alteryx, then join in ArcGis Pro, but its a million clicks and its not a good solution.  Shapefiles are limited to 2GB, which is not great either, but the field truncation is super frustrating.

In fact- rather than making an output file, I bet it would be easier to make a tool that connects to the ESRI API.  Everyone gets stuck on passing the spatial field because its like a giant text field with all of the instructions to create a point, line, or polygon.

Does anyone have the software engineering chops to make this happen? :)

0 Likes

It would be cool if we could just drag the normal input tool and drop it on the Dynamic Input, so we could set the template, and save the clicker finger....  It would be even cooler if Alteryx didnt need a template, but thats a different story.  This seems like an easy attainable feature upgrade.  Keep rocking, Alteryx!

0 Likes

Hi Team,

Hope you are well. I am currently tasked with downloading the contracts from SAP for my analysis.

Is it possible to develop an app or automation which can go to SAP asks for user/Pwd and download the contracts/PDFs to a specific folder?

Please let me know your thoughts,

Thanks,

Sri

0 Likes

Hi Team,

Context - I have bunch of documents/pdf or word document. The management would like to get the summarized view of the document / paragraph . Is it possible to develop some App which can take the document/ paragraph and summarize it in a line or two.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Sri

0 Likes

Hi,

I would love it if; when I select cells/ columns or anything really, from the results window (see pic), that it shows me a number count for what I selected please.

Thank you! 😁

MH_0-1666796713806.png

0 Likes

Salesforce Connector:

I just want to see what credentials I have used. I do not want to change them. A link to "view the data" and not only "Change Credentials"  would be helpful.

Also, when replacing connectors (due to a version change), it makes sense not to reassign the objects and fields and keep the old settings.

0 Likes

The Summarize tool returns NULL when performing a Mode operation. This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere in Alteryx documentation nor the community. Please fix this behaviour.

0 Likes

Hi,

In the Input tool, it would be useful to have the Saved Database Connections options higher in the menu, not last. Most users I know frequently use this drop down, and I find myself always grabbing the Other Databases options instead as it expands before my mouse gets down to the next one. I would vote to have it directly after File..., that way the top two options are available, either desktop data or "your" server data. To me, all the other options are one offs on a come by come basis, don't need to be above things that are used with a lot more frequency. Just two cents from a long time user...love the product either way!

1.JPG

Thanks!!

Eli Brooks

0 Likes

Creating tool which summarize all operations performed in workflow might be beneficial for people who are working on others i.e. where SQL code is required for data transformation.

0 Likes

Overview might be enhanced for example by adding to the side of the panel displaying a list of tools in the highlighted area or summarize how many tools are in the selected area.

Pawel_Paleczny_0-1665004543015.png

0 Likes

Functionality or Tool allowing to automatically interpret and change data into date type without using DateTime tool. This interpreter would be a little bit faster and more reliable solution than manually setting in DateTime tool.

0 Likes

Enhancing Filter functionality allowing to filter rows based on their order or ID without using Record ID before. I assume that record ID's existing in the background.

Pawel_Paleczny_0-1664886377640.png

0 Likes

Instead of 'Show Dprecated Tools' functionality more helpful and intuitive would be always display deprecated tools inside new tool category.

Pawel_Paleczny_0-1664881953107.png

0 Likes

Tool (or connection to ML translating engine) for languages translation embedded i.e. in Intelligence Suite might be useful when we are working on other than English languages - might be very beneficial especially for sentiment analysis or general text mining processing.

PS. I know that we have some translations macros in Gallery however embedded solution might be more useful for Alteryx users :)

0 Likes

Instead of current logic standing behind Round function ([variable1]/[variable2], mult) more intuitive will be approach known for example from SQL where the second operator represents number of decimal places, i.e. [variable]=23,4567 with new logic - Round([variable], 2) = 23,46.

0 Likes

While using Alteryx Desinger with below option to upload files to Azure Conatiner, storage event trigger wont kick off the adf pipeline:

Joyeb_0-1664430380461.jpeg

There is issue with the above tool ,They are calling "CreateFile" which simply opens the file for writing, then they are uploading the file content. And finally they should be calling FlushWithClose. However, that last step is not being done.

This below microsoft thread should help Alteryx Developers to resolve the issue, many customers are looking forward to this  issue and resolution.
ADF event based trigger fires when file created manually but not when databricks creates a file (mic...

0 Likes

Hello Team,

I am working on the different Alteryx Models for my monthly and weekly reporting and reconciliations. Several times during recon and validation, I forgot to close the output file and run the Model, few of my Models take around 9-10mins to complete a 1 run, in that case, after10mins the Model kicks off the message - "Error: Output Data: Unable to delete Excel file", this wasted the whole running time. 

I suggest two Idea options - 

The first Idea is, it would be great if you provide the functionality to overwrite the output file manually, for example - if the user forgets to close the output file and run the Model, at the end when Alteryx Model generates the output, It will ask a user to whether you need to overwrite the existing file or not. In that way, we save the running time and effort of the user. It's a very general mistake any user doing while working on the Models - forget to close the output file.

The Second Idea is, It would be helpful for users if Alteryx Model provide a message in the first place when the run kicked off - that output file is opened please close it. It will save enough time from the user prospect 

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Likes

I'm dealing with a database that is not always up when my production workflow runs. When the database is down, the workflow errors out because the input data connection errors. I want the workflow to gracefully execute some other steps if the database is down. I need the input data tool to allow errors to be treated as warnings, using a checkbox, and then I can have Alteryx run different logic when 0 rows are detected.

Top Liked Authors