Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Tighter Plotly Integration in R and Python

More and more people are making use of Plotly and Plotly Express to develop really great graphics.  However it is extremely difficult to extract either interactive charts (HTML format) or static images (PNG or JPEG).

The main issue for Plotly to save static images is the ability to install and use Orca (application) for R and kaleido (library) for Python.  Despite my best efforts I have had no luck getting either approach to work with the respective Alteryx environments

1 Comment
KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your feedback!

We appreciate all the feedback we get, especially on our less commonly used portions of the product. If you can't I recommend you check out our Submission Guidelines and be sure to go like and comment on any other ideas you have interest in. It helps us better gauge what ideas would have the most impact for users.