The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Run another app, but only if the first one errors.

Hi Maveryx Community,

Wouldn't it be great to introduce a new feature that allows running another analytic app on error? I sometimes encounter situations where the workflow has two standard inputs, and the user has to pick the correct one, otherwise the process breaks. And I don't only mean two files with different formats, I mean files with same extension, but different structure (for example: one file has a given column, the other one does not, but they are both standard inputs). What if we had the possibility to run another app if the first one errored? This way, we could include conditional logic with test tools or message tools, and based on the file format, for example, error the workflow on purpose so that the second app gets summoned. If there is no error in the first part, it means the input was fine, and we don't need to call the second app that handles alternate inputs. I know situations like this can usually be solved by some workaround, but having this feature would make some workflows very clever.

Best Regards,
Szymon Czuszek