The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add Union Outputs functionality to Alteryx Designer

Hello!
I recently build a couple of workflows where i needed to union many parts of my data together. 

Take for instance, the following:

TheOC_0-1638891412882.png

I appreciate this is an unrealistic workflow - but if i am splitting data, at any points, and doing different processes, i am going to need to union that data back together.

Now without my fix - the solution is to put a union tool onto the canvas, and drag each connection to the union tool. This is fine on a small scale, but when its 5+ connections this can become tedious.

My proposed solution, is similar to the 'cache and run' functionality, in that you can select many tools with Ctrl + Click, and at the bottom you have the option for 'Union Outputs':

TheOC_1-1638891660562.png

And when clicked, a union is added to the canvas, following the furthest most right tool (or last clicked), and have a union setup, with all connections made:

TheOC_2-1638891717836.png

Hope this makes sense!
TheOC

3 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I like this idea! There is a similar functionality currently available. You can use the view possible connections:

patrick_digan_0-1638967746567.png

patrick_digan_1-1638967761561.png

patrick_digan_2-1638967792790.png

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Where's @jpoz to help us getting these sweet little tricks implemented...

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes