The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Connect Ideas

Share your Connect product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Open button for Tableau data source in Connect

Hi Alteryx team,

Currently, there is the Open button functionality for opening the Tableau projects, workbooks and worksheets. While I understand you may be relying on Tableau API, would it be possible to implement the Open button for Tableau data sources is well?

The idea is that when you click Open in Connect, you will be taken into the Tableau data source or possibly into a new workbook which is connected to this Tableau data source.

Thank you,

Jan

6 Comments
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I can see this being a critical part of that functionality. Good idea!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you for posting to the Alteryx Connect Idea Board!

Our product team has reviewed this idea and would like to include it in a future release! Please note that the process of including this idea in the product can take some time, however we will do our best to update this idea again once we are close the release of this feature.

JanLaznicka
9 - Comet

Hello Kylie,

thank you very much for accepting this idea. I am looking forward to the future releases!

Regards,

Jan

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Coming Soon

Thank you for posting your idea to the Alteryx Community!

We’re in the process of finalizing your idea and you should see it implemented in an upcoming release!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for your idea! This feature has been implemented in the latest release, 2020.1, which you can download here! Also check out the release notes for this version here!

JanLaznicka
9 - Comet

Hi Kylie,

Thank you very much, really appreciate the inclusion of this feature into the new release. Looking forward to testing it!

Cheers,

Jan