Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Show what version of Alteryx product(s) a Community user has

Hi,

When trying to help someone on the Community, answer may differ depending on installed version.

It could be useful to know display -if agreed- the product(s) and version(s) owned by someone to make interactions more efficient. Example: files for Python tool would not be placed in the same folders depending on the version.

Pros:

- Helps with providing answers adapted to user's context

Cons:

- If user upgrades her/his version then post will lose its context

Thanks,

PaulN

3 Comments
TreyW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Comments Requested

I like where you're headed here! We are working on the preliminary plans for profile improvements and I'd love to hear what other members of the community have to say about this idea. 

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Awesome idea!  I'm updating this to Under Review so we can look into what would be required to implement this in the community.

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

There's no way for us to currently sync what version of the product a user has, and making this an option to self-select creates a whole host of other potential problems with updates.  Moving this to not planned, though in the future we may be able to execute this with enhancements to SSO.