Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Have a type of topic as "Information only" which does not act as a question

if I post a useful article in the community I'd like the ability to mark it as such, rather than as a question. At the moment I get emails prompting me to accept a solution - when there isn't a solution required. Marking a topic as "information only" or similar would solve this.

5 Comments
JulieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @chris_love, thanks for the suggestion!  One thing to consider with useful articles is that they may be better housed in the knowledge base rather than in a discussion forum, but I can definitely see how there could be different use cases. This feature improvement has already been suggested to our platform vendor and is currently an uncommitted candidate, so I'll make sure to go add our 2 cents and will keep you updated on any progress.

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Thanks @JulieH. Yes I nominated an item of mine to go to the Knoweldge Base, I've yet to see how that works in practice but that is a good way to keep the forums themselves clear.

Cheers
Chris

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The post you nominated to the knowledge base is now live, Thanks @chris_love!

chris_love
12 - Quasar

Great stuff, thanks.

TaraM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

We'll move topics like this to the Knowledge Base as they are posted. If I ever miss one, feel free to nudge me by way of message or tag me.