We are currently experiencing an issue with Email verification at this time and working towards a solution. Should you encounter this issue, please click on the "Send Verification Button" a second time and the request should go through. If the issue still persists for you, please email support@alteryx.com for assistance.

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Publish to Tableau Server Connector - Allow Personal Access Token Authentication

I would like to see the Publish to Tableau Server tool updated to include the option of authenticating with a Personal Access Token in addition to Username/Password.  The user would be able to toggle the login method and provided the necessary credentials for that method.

6 Comments
patrick_digan
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

This would be great!

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for submitting your idea to the Alteryx idea boards!

If you haven’t yet be sure to check out our updated Submission Guidelines as well as the other product idea boards! All boards are actively monitors and we appreciate all the feedback we receive for each product.

NicolasSz
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I agree with you and I did it in my own macro. It is quite an easy change to make : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Publish-to-Tableau-Server-without-username-a... 

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @mse139 ,

you are absolutely right. This option should be there for sure. Watch out for the new version, which will definitely contain this auth option.

Vojta

mse139
8 - Asteroid

@VojtechT Awesome!

VojtechT
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Hi, there's a new tool Tableau Output which bring several new features for working with Tableau, including PAC. Currently only the Tableau Cloud is supported, but the On-Prem support should come in about 2 months. If you'd like to participate in an upcoming Beta testing of the new version (or any other connector), please sign-up using this link.