The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Stop workflow without error on condition

As @JordanB mentioned in his post (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Stop-workflow-on-a-condition/tac-p/74403#M19...) - there's a common need to stop a worfklow when an condition is met.

However, at present there's no way to do this without generating an error.

Please can we either alter the message/test component to allow for error-free termination on a formula condition; or alternatively implement the fuller idea that Mark ( @MarqueeCrew) mentioned in his programmatic Detour idea?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Product-Ideas/Programmatic-Detour/idi-p/12763

17 Comments
NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Coming Soon

We believe Control Containers will be an excellent solution to this idea! 😁

TonyAdam
8 - Asteroid

Can´t wait for Control Containers and very curious how you solved some challenges around them 😉

dhovey
7 - Meteor

This would help us in numerous ways. Updating the message tool would be great to include an option to terminate without error.

NicoleJ
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

It brings us incredible joy to announce that Control Containers are finally here - and they are awesome. Check out more details about this amazing new tool in this blog article!

Cheers!!!

NicoleJ_0-1684358975280.gif

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

banana-dance.gif

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Thank you - this was a big lift, and it's going to significantly increase the capability of the platform!

CSmith16
9 - Comet

Please tell me this has been implemented @KylieF Edit: I see it has, but I don't believe it is in the version we are using (2020.4).