The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Alteryx to provide a tool to clean the registry to perform a clean uninstall

In Dec I had an issue where I could not uninstall or upgrade Alteryx. As part of troubleshooting and the eventual solution I had to manually delete any registry key related to Alteryx. As these were hundreds of entries this took a long time. It would be handy if Alteryx could provide a tool that cleaned the registry of all Alteryx related entries. Related: "Case 00088264: Unable to uninstall Alteryx"

5 Comments
rkind2
5 - Atom

This would be handy. I would go one step further and say that there is a need for a clean unsinstall tool. I need to do this as part of a trouble shooting step with designer and it is a long process. An uninstall reinstall often fixes the issues, but sometime there is a need for a clean uninstall.

Perhaps also, the need to delete any directories made by Alteryx.

dsouthh
7 - Meteor

How can you find all registries associated with Alteryx? 

EDIT: I ended up realizing you can just cntrl + f in the registry editor and search for any registry with the name "Alteryx" in it

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Yes, and there are a lot of entries....painful process :-/

dsouthh
7 - Meteor

I didn't finish... there are just way too many to delete. I'm looking into batch files and going about deleting all registers with "Alteryx" in its name but I can't get it to work. 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes