Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Community Ideas

What can we do to make your Alteryx Community experience better? Let us know!

Separate Rank vs. Role on members

Hi there,

In the community we have the concept of user ranks ( @JulieH published the launch notes her: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Alteryx-Community/User-Ranks-FAQs/td-p/10 ), and we also have the idea of community roles (e.g. Alteryx Partner; Chief Technology Officer; etc)

Could we separate these out into two different fields?   reason for asking is that folk like @MarqueeCrew and @jdunkerley79 have worked hard for their Magnetar rank, but because Mark is also a partner this is now hidden (because it's overridden with his partner status).    It would be good to see the entire community ranked with the user ranking system, irrespective of role - and then the role provides different privileges and permissions and may be a tuple (e.g. Mark could be an "Alteryx Partner" as well as "Alteryx Ace" as well as "Alteryx Community Super" - James could be "ACE"; "Lead formula innovator" and "Alteryx Community Super")

8 Comments
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

This would be extremely useful! I would love to see everyone's rank, regardless of community role, to track my personal progress and rank trajectory relative to peers.

Also, it would answer the age old question, "what rank is @MarqueeCrew now?" (My guess is somewhere between Castor or Pollux)

It would also be nice to be able to click on a user's rank to see a list of other users who are also ranked the same.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Agree with you @JoshKushner

I'm not sure that there's any rank that could contain / describe @MarqueeCrew - so that's the only risk of this idea (trying to fit Mark Frisch into a rank may just burst the rank system...) :-) 

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Anyone willing to disclose @MarqueeCrew 's rank (aside from Partner)?

That's the target that everyone is chasing.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean that I’m not being followed. 

Joe_Lipski
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hey @LeahK,

Could we see both the Alteryx Associate/Partner Status/Rank as well as the User Rank?

It's pretty boring seeing "Alteryx Certified Partner" under my name, rather than whatever astronomical object i might be at!

Cheers,

Joe 

JeffS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hey folks - I know I am late here, but thank you for the feedback. To clarify, whatever you see below your username is your rank. Roles are entirely back-end, while Ranks are the titles you see. The Community only lets you display one rank at a time, but this is something we can look into feasibility on further. Marking the status of this idea as under review - we will update again after we have investigated this further.

Nezrin
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Recently noticed the rank numbers have been added as well. Not sure if there is another intention apart from the rank order 

WillM
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Implemented