General Discussions

Discuss a wide range of topics! Questions about the Alteryx Platform should be directed to the appropriate Product discussion forum.

Weekly Challenges for training

DaisyJones
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm looking for some weekly challenges for some training sessions I will be doing soon. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any challenges which requires Regex and Standard Macros. 

The people I will be training will have only started Alteryx and I will be giving them a session on Regex and Macros prior, these will be for in class and homework.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Emil_Kos
16 - Nebula

Hi @DaisyJones,

Not sure if you are aware but there is a weekly challenge index that can allow you to search for beginner training in different areas. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275

DaisyJones
8 - Asteroid

Yes I am aware, but I wanted to find specific challenges with Regex and Macros. I find the filtering works, but some of the challenges are Iterative Macros or don't need Regex.

Thank you

Emil_Kos
16 - Nebula
TheOC
12 - Quasar
kelly_gilbert
12 - Quasar

@DaisyJones - after parsing my own weekly challenge solutions, I didn't see any that I solved using regex AND a standard macro. Here are some challenges that used regex and an iterative or batch macro:

challengeMacro TypeMacroRegex ToolRegex FunctionHas Regex AND Macro
85BatchYes YesYes
91BatchYesYes Yes
159BatchYesYes Yes
240IterativeYesYes Yes

I counted it as "using regex" if I used either a regex (parsing) tool or if I used a regex function in the Formula, Multi-Row Formula, etc. tools.

If you were looking to do a single challenge that covers both, you could consider taking an existing regex challenge and having users turn their solution into a macro. Some possibilities:

I've attached the list of all challenges where I used either a macro and/or regex in my solution, so you can see some options for regex challenges. Just because I used a regex tool or formula in mine doesn't mean it's a regex-focused challenge, but at least that might narrow down the options for you!

mceleavey
16 - Nebula

Hi @DaisyJones ,

In addition to what my esteemed cohorts have posted, I've attached the updated Weekly Challenge Index tool to help you keep track of what you've completed, among other things.

M.

alucca
5 - Atom

Believe that these new challenges will be quite interesting, it will create good foundations and experiences

impostor