Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Weekly Challenges for training

DaisyJones
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I'm looking for some weekly challenges for some training sessions I will be doing soon. I was wondering if anyone could recommend any challenges which requires Regex and Standard Macros. 

The people I will be training will have only started Alteryx and I will be giving them a session on Regex and Macros prior, these will be for in class and homework.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @DaisyJones,

Not sure if you are aware but there is a weekly challenge index that can allow you to search for beginner training in different areas. 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Weekly-Challenge-Index-amp-Welcome/td-p/48275

DaisyJones
8 - Asteroid

Yes I am aware, but I wanted to find specific challenges with Regex and Macros. I find the filtering works, but some of the challenges are Iterative Macros or don't need Regex.

Thank you

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora
kelly_gilbert
13 - Pulsar

@DaisyJones - after parsing my own weekly challenge solutions, I didn't see any that I solved using regex AND a standard macro. Here are some challenges that used regex and an iterative or batch macro:

challengeMacro TypeMacroRegex ToolRegex FunctionHas Regex AND Macro
85BatchYes YesYes
91BatchYesYes Yes
159BatchYesYes Yes
240IterativeYesYes Yes

I counted it as "using regex" if I used either a regex (parsing) tool or if I used a regex function in the Formula, Multi-Row Formula, etc. tools.

If you were looking to do a single challenge that covers both, you could consider taking an existing regex challenge and having users turn their solution into a macro. Some possibilities:

I've attached the list of all challenges where I used either a macro and/or regex in my solution, so you can see some options for regex challenges. Just because I used a regex tool or formula in mine doesn't mean it's a regex-focused challenge, but at least that might narrow down the options for you!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @DaisyJones ,

In addition to what my esteemed cohorts have posted, I've attached the updated Weekly Challenge Index tool to help you keep track of what you've completed, among other things.

M.

Bulien

alucca
5 - Atom

Believe that these new challenges will be quite interesting, it will create good foundations and experiences

impostor

Labels