Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

CREW MACROS-external program "SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe" returned error 1073741502

Tirumal
5 - Atom

The external program "SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe" returned an error code: -1073741502

All the crew macros jobs are failing in schedule. The workflows are working if run manually instead of schedule.

Things checked:

• Reinstalled Crew macros in D drive
  • checked the path of macros in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros: pointing to the one installed[Settings]
    DefaultFolder=CReW Macros
    MinimumAlteryxVersion=10.0
    Path=D:\AlteryxMacros\Macros\Macros
  • Added the path in environmental variables

Restart of the server helped to resolve the issue temporarily.

The same issue popped up again during the weekend. 

• Checked workflow dependencies and tested, its unable to find the directory.

All the jobs were running fine previously, but the issue started from 2 weeks.

There were user-defined macros created recently but checked it is not affecting this as the restart of the server ran all jobs normally.

Versions:

Latest Crew macros

Alteryx Version: 2018.2

64 BIT Windows Server 2012 r2

If someone has come across this issue previously or know any solution to this issue please let me know. 

Thanks in advance.

10 REPLIES 10
ziweipi
6 - Meteoroid

I am having this problem as well. Any anyone found a solution to it? I tried Alteryx designer version 2021.4 and 2022.3. They both gave me the same errors. It worked fine when i was in Alteryx designer version 2020.4, I am not sure whether it is something to do with the Alteryx version? 

Error: Runner (1): Macros\SupportingExes\AlteryxRunner.exe" returned an error code: -1073741512