Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Database Connection and executing Stored Procedure

http://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Sources/Connecet-to-an-Orcale-Database/m-p/12575#M956

When use Sql-Server build Stored Procedure where list in the Input Data Tool. So able to work with SPs.

When I use Oracle build Stored Procedure where not list in the Input Data Tool. So not  able to work with SPs.

Oracle, Sql-Server and MySql you can build Stored Procedure.

It would be great if when Alteryx for this Databases have implemented the same functionality.

So it can not be made dependent on the using Database to decide for Alteryx. 

Mathias

6 Comments
ksullivan
5 - Atom

I mostly use Oracle databases, so the ability to run stored procs would be great!

ghutto
5 - Atom

I've been testing Alteryx with an eye to having my company purchase it.

You should have seen the various looks of disbelief  from the director on down when we discovered Alteryx cannot call a stored procedure directly.  The responses to us using an admittedly kludgy workaround were less than ecstatic.  More of a "okay, so we can go around our a$$ to get to our elbow if we have to".

I'd certainly have an easier time convincing my company that Alteryx was the best tool for us if it did have stored procedure support in MySQL.

I have to wonder how many companies just wrote Alteryx off because it didn't have this support in Oracle and MySQL?  From everything else I've seen and done with the tool, it's really very robust and could have been a great part of our ETL/DW solution.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback- please continue to star this if you're interested!

Best,

Alex

avroncohen
5 - Atom

We would like this ability in DB2. Most of the reporting we perform from the database is in the form of stored procedures and this cannot be easily imported into Alteryx.

Regards,

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Implemented

The Oracle implementation was completed in 2018.3.

MeanLeanDean
8 - Asteroid

We also need stored procedure capability for MySQL, please.