Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Warning that Outputs are Disabled when posting to the Gallery

When developing and/or troubleshooting workflows, I frequently disable the outputs using the checkbox in the Runtime configuration settings to speed up the workflow and prevent sending emails and/or overwriting data in the output sources... however, 9/10 times I forget to turn off this checkbox when I save my workflow back up to the Gallery. This results in countless emails from users to the tune of "I ran the workflow successfully, but there was no output?" 🙂

Would love love love to see some sort of warning notification (similar to the ones that already shown for data sources etc.) when saving to the Gallery if the "Disable All Tools that Write Output" option is selected in the Runtime settings.

Thank you!!

NJ

6 Comments
GGard
6 - Meteoroid

I just came here to open the same idea! A simple pop-up message before saving our flow to the gallery would be terrific! 

RichardChu
5 - Atom

Yes, totally agree!

It'd be great to add a warning message in red if a user turns it on or a simple pop-up message before saving the flow if it is turned on. 

Looking forward to see this new function in the next version! 

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Speaking for a friend, this would be great. I always remember to uncheck that box😉 

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be super helpful. Even a warning to check your runtime settings, or an option to edit them when uploading a workflow to the gallery.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

This was a "What the heck?" topic presented at my company's internal Alteryx user group meeting today. We would love to see this idea implemented!