The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Use field as an option in the attachment section of a Email tool

I just got out of the Advanced reporting session at the Alteryx inspire convention. Preety cool stuff. I just have a request for the alteryx developers team. Can you please add the option to select a report coming from a Render tool directly as an attachment without having to write it out first? Just select it as a field the same way you can select a field as the body of the email. That'll make my workflow more streamlined and save space, as I'm sure it'll do for a lot of fulks out there.
3 Comments
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

This is a great idea back from 2019 - that i think is still very much needed, rather than using a block until done, writing the attachment to a location, and then attaching it to an email. 

Bumping for visibility - It would be beneficial to work the exact same as adding a body.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

fabian8436
5 - Atom

It would be great if basic ANSI SQL functions like substring(str, start, end) and the split become available in Alteryx expressions