Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Update the macro tool's output anchor functionality to match that of all the other tools'

9 Comments
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

@samN what are your thoughts on Macros only outputting a single line when not connected to downstream tools?

mcarrico
9 - Comet

+1 I spent far too long debugging this non-issue one evening.  After going down macro inception looking for where my iterations were failing, all was solved with browse tool.  Very frustrating browse bug.

shaynie
8 - Asteroid

I agree, this has been a very difficult issue to track down.  Thank you for the posts, or I'd still be trying to figure it out!

scallybrian
5 - Atom

Bumping this, would love to get this fix over the line

Meardon
5 - Atom

Please Please Please, it always feel odd telling people that they for some reason they need a tool after their macro for it to work

Gwilym
5 - Atom

Yes please! I spent over an hour the other day troubleshooting a batch macro that wasn't working, and it turned out that putting a browse tool after it brought everything through as I intended. So frustrating.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your feedback!

Our product team is currently in the process of researching the scope of this issue, its potential solution and any potential pitfalls which would result in unintended side effects. We appreciate your patience while we conduct this research as it can takes some time. We'll do our best to update this idea however once we have resolved our research and determined if or when we can include this feature in the roadmap.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Our product team has completed the review of this idea, and due to several factors and dependencies determined we're unable to include this idea in the near term road map. However, we would like to keep this idea in mind for future planning and re-evaluation once we have better addressed these dependencies and will do our best to update this idea again once that re-evaluation has occurred.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Got very confused by this problem today