Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Text input tool - text format and size changed to v_string/v_wstring and max size

Hi Alteryx community,

It would be really nice to have v_string/v_wstring and max character size as a standard for text columns.

fmvizcaino_0-1587008811932.png

it is countless how many times I found that the error was related to a string truncation due to string size limit from the text input.

Thumbs-up those who lost their minds after discovering that the error was that! 😄

3 Comments
AdamR_AYX
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Just an FYI that this is something that we fixed in the newly released AMP engine.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for the heads up @AdamR_AYX, that's awesome to hear! Since AMP is an opt in option at this time, I'm going to hold off updating this idea to implemented, however for users who come to this thread looking for a work around, the AMP Engine addresses this request and can be toggled on by going into your Workflow Configuration > Runtime and checking the AMP Engine box.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepted

I'm going to update this idea to Accepted as this is something we corrected in the AMP Engine and as we move closer to the AMP Engine becoming our default (opt out) option this will becoming the default behavior. Once the AMP Engine is the default or we include this in the original engine, I'll be sure to update this idea to Implemented.