Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Multiple row headers

I am currently using alteryx to generate pdf reports and noticed there is no option to have multiple row headers. In my line of work i cant skip this as the end users insist on having it like they have always had it.

I definitely think this should be available as many of us like replicate canned reports which are otherwise in excel and hence see the need for such an option.

The following might give an example of the multi row header,

multi row.JPG

Also the ability to merge certain columns to create the above effect should be available.

10 Comments
JacobMoncla
8 - Asteroid

This is a great idea! 

santosh_garimella
7 - Meteor

Thanks Jacob :) Hope Alteryx adds this in their upcoming releases

KatieH
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi @santosh_garimella,

Thanks for the great reporting idea! We are currently ramping up development to improve the usability and flexibility in the Reporting tools, starting with Layout. We'll be moving on to tackle each of the existing reporting tools in the future once Layout is complete. I will be sure to keep this in mind as we're working through the reporting Table tool, as I can see how this flexibility would be useful! 

Thanks for the feedback!

awiegel
6 - Meteoroid

This is an awsome idea! I just faced a similar problem however we were looking at having two headers in an Excel file rather than a pdf. Could the developement be expanded to include a similar function for an Excel file? For example: 

Headers.PNG

Could something be added to Crosstab if we have a 1-to-1 relationship with the ID and the Name where we can select two headers and have them stack one atop the other?

Thanks!

srini
7 - Meteor

Agree that the multi-level header should be included for output tool and not just for reports. People like to be able to read their outputs as much as they like to share reports with their bosses.

KeithJ
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Composer (pcxml) the report rendering engine can actually handle col spans as being requested here even though the reporting tools gui does not support doing it. Composer (pcxml) does non handle row spans. With a macro or text reporting tool in advance mode I have successfully merged cells like this. I think a well thought out table cell merge macro might be all we need.

Avinesh
7 - Meteor

Is this implemented? Please suggest. 

Genevieve
8 - Asteroid

I fully support this suggestion.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your post!

Our product team understands how important this feature is to customers. However, we do not have a Table update planned in the near future. We would like to consider this feature when we do update the Table tool though. We'll update this idea again once we can speak on when or if we'll be able to include this idea in a release.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Time to revisit this one, pretty please 🤗