The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Make Columns Tool: Add an Example Workflow to Designer and add to the Transform Category

I was just responding to a post about the Make Columns tool, and I noticed that there is not an example workflow for this tool built into Designer. It is also missing from the Transform category, so I never think of it.

Capture.JPG

2022-06-11_16-16-12.png

@peyton-louden @binuacs @Luke_C 

7 Comments
marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I feel like Alteryx is putting most Laboratory tools on the side right now. For example, the Visual layout would be a good way to make reports quickly, but it has been in Beta for a long time.

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Ah, yes. I didn't realize Make Columns was a laboratory tool. Seems that it's been that way since at least 2017?

marcusblackhill
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I'm not sure when, @ddiesel, but you're probably correct. 😕

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Great idea - i think the Laboratory tools need some love. As @marcusblackhill mentions, there is also the beta visual layout tool. I recently made an idea to get this out of Beta/Laboratory https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Move-Visual-Layout-tool-out-of-Beta/idi-p/94... 

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Super idea @ddiesel , most folks don't even know it exists!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great observation @ddiesel 

And you make a good point - if something is in the laboratory - there's an implied expectation that this is a time-limited experiment (as the name would imply) and that these tools will then graduate to the main tabs.

cc: @NicoleJ