community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

Defect: Deep dependancy management

When posting an alteryx job to the gallery; or packaging them for transport - any deep dependancies are lost (I think that we start to have trouble once you're 3 levels deep).

For example - you have a canvas; which uses macros; which in turn have macros; which in turn have macros.

this is not as uncommon as it may sound on the surface - due to the current lack of flow-of-control support in Alteryx; we need to wrap all of our ETL jobs in Batch Macros to force them to run in a specific order.   Within these ETL jobs, it's common to decompose for lookups; master data management; etc.

Is this something that the team is currently looking into fixing - this does cause quite a bit of pain when deploying to the gallery because the jobs need to be manually stitched together and packaging does not carry the full working solution?

CC:  @rijuthav@jithinmony@HengHe@RajK@ydmuley@revathi@Deeksha@MPistone@Ari_Fuller@Arianna_Fuller@JoshKushner@samN@avinashbonu@Sunder_Sriram@Rahul_Thakur@Rahul_Singh

4 Comments
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for adding this as an idea on Community. I understand this could be cumbersome. We are looking into this. 

Fireball
Fireball

In complete agreement with Sean. I would say this is not a nice-to-have, but required functionality.

I agree with @Hollingsworth

Meteor

Yep, agree that the lack of program flow options within a canvas makes this necessary. If I didn't have to embed multiple levels of conditional runners and macro calling in a workflow, the packages would not get so complex.