The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Defect: Deep dependancy management

When posting an alteryx job to the gallery; or packaging them for transport - any deep dependancies are lost (I think that we start to have trouble once you're 3 levels deep).

For example - you have a canvas; which uses macros; which in turn have macros; which in turn have macros.

this is not as uncommon as it may sound on the surface - due to the current lack of flow-of-control support in Alteryx; we need to wrap all of our ETL jobs in Batch Macros to force them to run in a specific order.   Within these ETL jobs, it's common to decompose for lookups; master data management; etc.

Is this something that the team is currently looking into fixing - this does cause quite a bit of pain when deploying to the gallery because the jobs need to be manually stitched together and packaging does not carry the full working solution?

CC:  @rijuthav@jithinmony@HengHe@RajK@ydmuley@revathi@Deeksha@MPistone@Ari_Fuller@Arianna_Fuller@JoshKushner@samN@avinashbonu@Sunder_Sriram@Rahul_Thakur@Rahul_Singh

7 Comments
RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for adding this as an idea on Community. I understand this could be cumbersome. We are looking into this. 

Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

In complete agreement with Sean. I would say this is not a nice-to-have, but required functionality.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I agree with @Hollingsworth

SrucBI
7 - Meteor

Yep, agree that the lack of program flow options within a canvas makes this necessary. If I didn't have to embed multiple levels of conditional runners and macro calling in a workflow, the packages would not get so complex.

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Revisit

Thank you for your idea! Our product team has reviewed this idea and cannot place it on the road map at this time. However they would still like to keep it in mind for future road map decisions. We'll update the status of this idea once we are able to term where or if we can place it on the road map.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

@SeanAdams Thanks for reporting this, and helping to test this.

This issue should be resolved in the latest 2019.4 release: http://downloads.alteryx.com/

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

🙂 really appreciate you tackling this one @jpoz