Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connecting to Alteryx Server From Designer - Blank Window

jcope121
5 - Atom

Hi All,

My team uses the Alteryx Gallery to deploy web apps. I have recently ran into an issue where the designer generates a blank credentials window when trying to connect to the Alteryx Server. I was previously able to connect just fine, but now every time I try to connect to the server the "Save Workflow - Add a Server" window is blank.

It is also worth noting the following:

- I have re-installed the designer so that the version matches the version of our Alteryx server (2022.1.1).

- I have a colleague who's not experiencing any of these issues but has the same version of the designer installed (2022.1.1.30961)

I've posted a few screenshots below for reference:

Step 1)

Add new Alteryx Server

jcope121_0-1686086026217.png

Step 2)

Provide URL

*I know that I am providing the correct URL because I have been able to connect in the past*

jcope121_2-1686086147617.png

Step 3)

The next window should be prompting me for my windows credentials, but it is a blank window. Eventually the window times out without rendering any contents

jcope121_4-1686086273718.png

5 REPLIES 5
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@jcope121 

This screenshot of yours has an unsaved workflow. I believe you have to save the first location and then upload

jcope121
5 - Atom

Thanks for getting back so quickly - 

I have tried that, but I'm still getting the same issue (screenshot below):

jcope121_0-1686087713330.png

geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@jcope121 

Try putting an invalid url to see if it's authenticating

It could be server version incompatibility with your designer.. but it would still give an error screen

jcope121
5 - Atom

Good idea - 

So I tried that and it is authenticating correctly:

jcope121_0-1686090605753.png

This makes me think that I'm able to successfully connect to the server despite the fact the UI will not render in the following window. 

SXM0920A
5 - Atom

I am also getting the same error while opening the url in web it is working fine but when i am trying to publish the workflow from designer to server getting error- could not connect to the server please try again 

Labels