General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Careers using Alteryx

jlee2022
Átomo

Hello everyone!

I'm a student at a university learning how to use Alteryx. 

I think the software is complex, but easier than coding.

I have enjoyed learning how to use Alteryx this past week.

I was wondering what kind of careers one might want to pursue if they specialize in Alteryx?

2 RESPOSTAS 2
MeganDibble
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @jlee2022,

If you specialize in Alteryx, then common career paths to pursue are data analytics, data science, or consulting.

However, Alteryx is used in many industries, so there are opportunities to use Alteryx in your day-to-day work in accounting, HR, real estate, healthcare, etc. Basically anywhere you have lots of data you want to analyze or clean for use in a visualization or a model.

You can take a look at the Input blog, where you can filter on industry to see how Alteryx is being used in businesses.

Best,

Megan

ShankerV
Castor

As nowadays most of the companies have started using Alteryx in future it will be like one of MANDATORY applications like Excel.

Banking industry, accounting, and many start-ups have started using extensively as it is of low code no code where non-IT individuals can also learn quickly and implement in their work soon.

Found this in addition for you

https://www.featuredcustomers.com/vendor/alteryx/customers

Important one: You can link your LinkedIn account to your Alteryx community and it will help the recruiters to see your skill set with the tool.

Hope this helps!!!

Rótulos