Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.
SOLVED

Career Advice

Bobbiconway
8 - Asteroid

I've been working as a television producer for 20  years, and I'm ready for a career change. I've been studying Alteryx for 4 months. I've passed the Micro and Core Certifications. I'm working towards my Advanced Certifications. 

When I look at job postings, it seems like they ask for SQL, Python, Tableau, Warehouse and BI experience. They are often looking for a degree in computer science. 

Is Alteryx enough to get a job? If not, what other software should I be learning? 

Ideally I would like to transition out of my current job in the next 5 months, and I'm looking for a pay scale that's over $100,000 a year plus benefits. 

3 REPLIES 3
NeilR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Bobbiconway,

Browsing through the 1,896 remote-friendly jobs on Indeed that mention Alteryx, there certainly are many that require familiarity with SQL and Tableau/PowerBI. Which makes sense because some basic SQL knowledge is often required to pull data before analyzing it in Alteryx, and Tableau or Power BI are commonly used after the analysis to display results. Fortunately sites like DataCamp provide free courses for SQL, Tableau, and Power BI (I'd recommend picking either Tableau or Power BI). 

I'll mention a few other Alteryx community resources:

Best of luck on your journey!

Bobbiconway
8 - Asteroid

Thank you Neil!

monnaliza
5 - Atom

I know this thread is closed but just wondering if you or anyone else has some insights about changing careers and whether Alteryx certification alone is sufficient. TIA

Labels