General Discussions

Discuss any topics that are not product-specific here.

Altreyx desktop for Mac Users

shutterbugraphy
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am a Mac user and I looked for an Altreyx desktop for mac and it is not available as of now.

Any suggestions for the same.

5 REPLIES 5
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @shutterbugraphy 

You'll need to use bootcamp or a virtual machine, you're correct in saying there is no native OS version of Alteryx. See this Knowledge Base page with some more information on how to go about this.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @shutterbugraphy 

I'd suggest bringing this more attention in the ideas section of the community:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

as far as i'm aware, the more attention an idea gets, the more likely it is going to be looked at seriously for implementation.

I believe there are quite a few users calling for mac support, hope it comes soon for you!
Otherwise, maybe try contacting Alteryx, i know bootcamp and VM options are available,  but i know they're not ideal.

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @shutterbugraphy 

Following on from the previous comments from @TheOC and @Luke_C , I would recommend not using a Mac.

Just throwing that out there 🙂

M.

Bulien

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Windows VM is the only way.  When the Alteryx Inspire conference was a live event you can see lots of people using Mac's, but they are all using Windows VM.

The suggestion for a Mac version has been around for a lot more than 5 years, I doubt it will ever happen - there will be a fully featured cloud version first.

Kaustubh17
8 - Asteroid

Hi @shutterbugraphy 

VM is the only way you can use alteryx in mac machine. Download the any trusted VM and install windows on that VM after that install your alteryx in that windows which is running on the VM.

Thanks,

Kaustubh

Labels