community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Knowledge Base

Definitive answers from Designer experts.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More
We will be upgrading the Gallery to our 2019.4 release this Saturday, December 7th beginning at 9:00am MT. We expect the outage to take last approx. 2.5 hours.

Install Alteryx for Mac

Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Created on

As Alteryx runs on Windows, there are two ways to install Alteryx on a Mac:

1)      Use Boot Camp.
2)      Use a virtual machine product (emulates Windows within macOS) like VMWare, VirtualBox (open source), or Parallels, among others.

Note that any of the above solutions require a Windows license. This article goes through the pros and cons of the different approaches, as well as detailed installation instructions. Your IT department may have a preferred approach.

Once you have Boot Camp or a Windows VM up and running, you're ready to install Alteryx. Just remember: whether you choose a VM or Boot Camp, make sure you're in the Windows environment when you download and install Alteryx.

Comments
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ChadM, I just noticed that your link to VMware is broken -- can you update when you have a second?  Thanks in advance!

Atom

I have a Macbook Pro that is on iOS 10.11.6 and all virtual machines listed say the computer is not compatible with suggested downloads. Do you know how I am able to download a compatible virtual machine?

Comet

@ChadM