community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dev Space

Customize & extend the power of Alteryx. SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more!

JIRA Connector

Meteor

Hi @Coxta45 , Did you ever get around to integrate iterative macro in the JIRA Connector where we can run the workflow iteratively to collect all JIRA Issues 100 at a time?

Meteor

Hi, Can you share the iterative macro you created to update `starting with` and `limit` parameter to JIRA Connector. Thanks in advance.

Meteoroid

Hi @archana986 ,

If you right click on the macro in your workflow, you should be able to select "Open Macro: JIRA Connector.yxmc". This will open up the workflow for the macro. In terms of changing the limits, under the Project & Issues tab, change the "Starting With" value to the next number after the last record that was downloaded in your previous run.

Meteoroid

Hi @TarunDeep ,

The macro is set to import to your Connectors folder in the Tool Palette. If you right click on the macro and open the workflow, you can view the Meta Info in the Workflow - Configuration pane, and under Tool Palette, you can change the "Category Name" from "Connectors" to the name of your macros folder, if you would prefer for it to appear there.

Atom

Have you run this connector tool recently?  I have been getting an API error message recently and just wanted to confirm that someone has run it successfully so that I can rule out that Atlassian is blocking.

Meteoroid

What is the API error you are getting?  The connector runs fine on the designer, but not in the server.  

Atom

Here is the error I'm getting:

Error: JIRA Connector (1): Tool #227: JIRA API error --> HTTP/1.1 200 Connection Established
Proxy-Agent: Zscaler/5.6

HTTP/1.1 401 
Server: AtlassianProxy/1.13.6.2
WWW-Authenticate: OAuth realm="https%3A%2F%2Foneamerica.atlassian.net"
Content-Type: text/html;charset=UTF-8
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=315360000; includeSubDomains; preload
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 17:29:58 GMT
ATL-TraceId: 2bcff862da711c80
X-AREQUESTID: 63eb2ec7-1b69-4eb5-8c24-910082464893
X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Timing-Allow-Origin: *
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Connection: keep-alive
X-Seraph-LoginReason: AUTHENTICATED_FAILED
Proxy-Support: Session-Based-Authentication
Meteoroid

Can you connect to the Jira instance with a curl command?  A command something like this will return 5000 rows in a json file format.  

curl -u userid:password -X GET -H "Content-Type: application/json" 'https://jira.server.com api/2/search?jql=project=Project-in-Question+AND+issueType=Bug+order+by+createddate+ASC&startAt='$n'&maxResults=5000&expand=names,schema,operations,editmedia,changelog,transitions,renderedFields' > file.json

Your issue looks like Jira isn't set up to accept api calls. 

Atom

Hi, what is the status of Jira Connector 2.0? Specifically I am looking for the ability to update Jira from an Alteryx workflow. Thanks.

Atom

I came across this Atlassian article about API tokens.  I followed the steps and swapped out my password with my new token.  Good news was I didn't get the error anymore but my projects output set was Null, like it connected but didn't find any projects at all.  Frustrating thing is this worked a couple months ago and no one I've talked to seems to know whats going on.

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/deprecation-notice-basic-auth-and-cookie-based-a...