Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Stuck jobs on Scheduler

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

Please help. Very new to this community and first time to try this segment. I am monitoring scheduled workflows, I got 3 jobs stuck on 0% while the others are on Queue. 

7 REPLIES 7
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @digitalmemo

Are you scheduling using the Alteryx Designer with Scheduler or on Alteryx Server?

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the reply @JordanB. We're on Alteryx Server with 11.0.6.28907. 

We are dealing with 113 Scheduled Workflows in all basis (daily, weekly, monthly). We recently encounter stuck jobs (like stucking on 0%, sometimes 40%) and batch queued jobs which results to delay and lapsed process that affects the integrity of our data. 
Handling this problem was just recently transitioned to me so I'm a little lost on the investigation.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @digitalmemo

I would strongly recommend downloading the Alteryx Server Usage workflow to track scheduler & server activity. 

This will give you good visibility to those workflows which are causing the most issues and also taking up most of the resources. 

This can help you manage and investigate these jobs, with an aim to optimize these workflows

The aim here would be then to identify if you potentially need to look at scaling out worker nodes to process the high volumes of scheduled jobs you have running. Again, metrics should as workflow length, workflow make=up (predictive processes which are memory intensive) can all be derived from the above practices.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

Hi @JordanB

Thanks for these recommendations. Starting to utilize this though I'm still in a bit of confusion. I will get used to this eventually.

Thanks again for your help @JordanB.

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @digitalmemo

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need more direction.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

joao
8 - Asteroid

Hi Jordan,

I have the exact same problem but I'm using Desktop and Scheduler, and we are only executing 1 job at a time, so the whole ETL in queue stops because of 1 job.

I opened this job and it runs fine. Is there any way to timeout the job or something? Also, is there any way to check the Alteryx Queue with an API?

Thanks

Joao Correia

nishant_saxena
7 - Meteor

You can set time limit on jobs.Changes need to be at system setting of install.

Any job crossing that time limit will be automatically killed by Alteryx engine