Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Job Status Indicator Missing when Running Gallery Workflows, Server Version 2022.1

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

Hi - The progress bar (Job Status) doesn't display when running workflows in Gallery. We're running Server 2022.1, and have never seen this behavior in previous versions. I searched the known issues and didn't find anything like this. The workflow executes; but, the Job Status indicator lets users know their request is in process and will cause a lot of confusion if missing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Here's what I'm used to and expecting:

Capture.PNG

Here's what I see:

Capture1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

When running a job in version 2022.1 you should see a new line being inserted on the job history within the workflow page. Seeing nothing as you mentioned is not correct. Maybe try from a different browser, or clean the cache. If this issue is consistent, I'd contact support. 

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response. Cleared the cache, same result. Ran the workflow in both Edge and Chrome, same result, as well.

chvizda
8 - Asteroid

Hi @rymatt830 

I have the same issue. Have you found a solution ?

thanks for yor feedback

Steffen

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

@chvizda Yes, Alteryx Support responded and this is expected behavior. Here's the verbatim response:

"We believe the job status is working as designed. There were some UI changes on 22.1 and that job status window was removed."

I think this was a bad idea because users running a workflow have no idea it's running. If it's a complex job that takes several seconds, not showing a status indicator makes people question whether or not their request is being executed.

skeene66
5 - Atom

agreed.  bad user experience.