Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Job Status Indicator Missing when Running Gallery Workflows, Server Version 2022.1

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

Hi - The progress bar (Job Status) doesn't display when running workflows in Gallery. We're running Server 2022.1, and have never seen this behavior in previous versions. I searched the known issues and didn't find anything like this. The workflow executes; but, the Job Status indicator lets users know their request is in process and will cause a lot of confusion if missing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Here's what I'm used to and expecting:

Capture.PNG

Here's what I see:

Capture1.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

When running a job in version 2022.1 you should see a new line being inserted on the job history within the workflow page. Seeing nothing as you mentioned is not correct. Maybe try from a different browser, or clean the cache. If this issue is consistent, I'd contact support. 

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response. Cleared the cache, same result. Ran the workflow in both Edge and Chrome, same result, as well.

chvizda
8 - Asteroid

Hi @rymatt830 

I have the same issue. Have you found a solution ?

thanks for yor feedback

Steffen

rymatt830
7 - Meteor

@chvizda Yes, Alteryx Support responded and this is expected behavior. Here's the verbatim response:

"We believe the job status is working as designed. There were some UI changes on 22.1 and that job status window was removed."

I think this was a bad idea because users running a workflow have no idea it's running. If it's a complex job that takes several seconds, not showing a status indicator makes people question whether or not their request is being executed.

skeene66
5 - Atom

agreed.  bad user experience.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!