Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Customer segmentation in Alteryx

cheunghm4532
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Experts,

I am currently trying to map a list of customer (in Table 1) to the customer segments (in Table 2) based on their RFM Score (Column E). The RFM Score is simply the combination of the Recency Score, Frequency Score, and Monetary Score to create a three digit number. I would like to return the customer segment (in Table 2 Column A) for each of the Customer Master Code.

The main issue is that the mapping table is a range of values instead of just one value for each lookup criteria. I assume I will need to do something like a non-exact match vlookup in Excel.

I am new to Alteryx and this is too difficult for me at the moment. I would appreciate if anyone can help me on this. Thanks!

Table 1

RFM Data.png

Table 2

RFM Mapping.png

Herman

6 REPLIES 6
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
I just woke up and will be answering this post in about an hour. I will take table 2 and parse the fields to create min and max values. Then generate rows to create entries for all values in range. Then create the distinct score combinations. This should give me the universe of combined RFM scores to join.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
ponraj
13 - Pulsar

Here is the solution....

Workflow.PNG

Results.PNG

cheunghm4532
7 - Meteor

Thanks Ponraj for your prompt reply! It's much appreciated!

However, I don't quite understand the part where you filter the "CountDistinct_Name = 3". Would you mind explaining this? Thanks again!

g.png

Herman

ponraj
13 - Pulsar

That is where I am checking which all customer segments a customer falls under. ie) Customer (RFM) score has to fall under all the three ranges(namely recency, frequency, monetary) to qualify for a segment. 

cheunghm4532
7 - Meteor

Thanks Ponraj! You are my hero!

AnadilM
5 - Atom

A little late to this post but a much much simpler and quicker solution would be this

Labels