Alteryx IO Discussions

Customize and extend the power of Alteryx with SDKs, APIs, custom tools, and more.
SOLVED

Custom tool UI in alteryx.

cviki767
5 - Atom

Hello,

I'm currently building a plugin tool for alteryx, but my UI won't show in alteryx. When I run the npm run start command in the ui folder all works well (the ui shows in my browser), but after that when i create the .yxi file and install it into alteryx nothing shows in the UI of the tool. As you can see the output in the alteryx picture works aswell (the backend part).

In the second picture there is text, but in the first picture there isn't.

python version - 3.8.5
node version -  14.21.3

npm version - 6.14.18

I'm suspecting create-yxi or the install into designer isn't working properly. When I install the tool into designer i get the tool in my third picture.

Where is the UI part even located when the tool gets installed into alteryx?

Any help? 😊 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
aneeshnazar
Alteryx
Alteryx

Is there a dist/ subdirectory in your UI component directory containing an app.js, runtime.js and index.html? If so, try deleting it and rerunning the create-yxi command. If doesn't exist, try running npm run build and see if that outputs an error

JarrodT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @cviki767, when creating the plugin and building the yxi, did you use the --use-ui argument? This is new to ayx-plugin-cli 1.1.0 (it defaults to false): https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-IO-Resources/AYX-Plugin-CLI-Command-Overview/ta-p/1127602#:...

cviki767
5 - Atom

I was indeed missing the --use-ui argument. Thank you!