Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need help with making a pivot

slaurel
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I attached two pictures with what I need assistance with. I am building a workflow that takes the data from the "data random.JPG" pic and replicates the exa table (the second photo). I have little to no experience using the cross-tab formula, so I keep messing it up and I am beyond confused. I came up with sample data, so if more clarification is needed, please feel free to let me know. The other user already has logic for the numbers - I do not have that. So this is supposed to be an "easy-ish" pivot, but I am new to this tool, so it is not so easy for me. 

The input will be data from ONE tab in a big excel workbook that I have (the tab is the data from the datarandom.jpg pic). The tab is called "Group". I need it to output a replication of this table. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@slaurel Can you upload your sample input data in an excel?

slaurel
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Oh yeah sorry I knew that would be more efficient! Feel free to keep the exact same formatting / column titles and enter in your own data. You can even enter in less rows and just do like 2 or 3 companies listed. My excel is connected to my work desktop, so I do not want to upload a file (just for privacy rules/etc). That is why I went with the snapshots instead. Thank you! 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@slaurel your input data and output result are not matching, so it is very difficult to create a workflow based on the given input and output. There are some useful post available in the community 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-292-It-s-about-Pivoting-Prepping-and-Rep...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-63-Data-Preperation-Using-Pivot-Tools/td...

Labels