Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Need Help: Copy-pasting data from multiple sheets into a pre-existing template

quickabhi1
5 - Atom

Hi All,

Complete noob to Alteryx here - I'm trying to copy-paste data from 6 different excels into a pre-existing excel template (calling it Template for further reference). The excel files are provided by various teams and I need to put them together into Template. Unfortunately, there isn't a specific range that I can reference as there's data in multiple cells that I need to copy over.

For eg: Team 1: Copy cells A6, B9 and E12 to Template cells F14, C9 and G18.

Team 2: Copy cells AO12, AY19 and BM18 to Template cells AV14, BB1 and BU10.

Essentially, I'm trying to automate a process of gathering data from multiple sources and manually copy-pasting via Alteryx. I've tried using the join function but can't get them to copy over exactly, and further more, it appears that empty columns are being created in the output file. Is there a way to copy paste these cells exactly into Template without any creation of a new file/columns?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

A

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@quickabhi1 Blob tools might be an option for your use case. Here is an article about these tools and a sample workflow as well attached along with the post.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Blob-Reporting-That-Isn-t-From-a-Horror-Film/ba-p/...

Labels