Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Moving File to Gallery

jminns90
6 - Meteoroid

Any time I save a workflow to the gallery that has an Excel file as an input, the file gets loaded to the Alteryx server and is no longer a local file (the path goes from something like "P:\folder1\folder2\file_name.xlsx" to "_externals\1\file_name.xlsx"). The next time the workflow runs but doesn't capture any new data. Is there anyway I can "force" Alteryx to keep the original file path from the mapped drive?

3 REPLIES 3
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

For Gallery, mapped drives won't work because it's running on the Server.  So first, you need to make all paths full UNC.  You can do this via Options, Advanced Options, Workflow Dependencies.  Just click the All UNC button and it will do it for you.

Next is for when you save it to the Gallery.  When saving, go to Workflow Options, Manage Workflow Assets.  UNCHECK the box for your file.  That will tell Alteryx at runtime to "reach out to the actual file, not a copy of it that you grabbed when you were saved".

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

jminns90
6 - Meteoroid

Works great, thanks!

mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Glad to hear it!

Labels