Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Interface Date Tool Error

Ben020283
7 - Meteor

Can someone identify what's the mistake and how can I fix it. I am capturing date from 2 interface Date tool to replace a date in Formula tool. When I run as analytic app, I am getting error :-

Formula (76): The formula "Week Start " resulted in a number but the field is a Date/Time. (Expression #1)
Formula (76): The formula "Week End" resulted in a number but the field is a Date/Time. (Expression #2)

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Ben020283 - in your Replace a specific string: setup, you need to delete the single quotes so it's just 2023-10-05. Same in the [Week End] setup so it's only 2023-10-13.

At the minute, Alteryx will replace everything in this text box - including the single quotes as they're included in there. Therefore, if you were to select 2023-11-01, this would literally result in a subtraction of 2023-11-01 = 2011, hence a number and the error you see.

Long story short: delete the single quotes from the start and end of your Replace a specific string setup! :)

Ben020283
7 - Meteor

Thanks, It worked.

Labels